The Mary D. Lang Kindergarten Center supply list is available and will be arriving soon by mail. For a jump start on your shopping, the supply list is available below and at the Kennett Walmart.
In late May, Mary D. Lang Kindergarten Center students and their parents entered the school’s gym to find that it had been transformed into their favorite board game, Candyland. The scene was set for a wonderful family dance experience!
Lollipops lined the walls, gingerbread houses adorned the gym, and there was even a life-size game board! The kindergarteners twirled, whirled, and sang their hearts out as they made their way around the sweet scenery. Students were able to sit on Gumdrop Mountain, take photos in front of a Candyland backdrop, and hold up signs declaring they are members of the class of 2031!
The dance was all the buzz on Monday at school!
Mr. Clem Bowen, renowned storyteller from Southern Chester County, shared his vibrant stories with the students at Mary D. Lang Kindergarten Center before the end of the year. His stories captivated the students as he took them on adventures through space and the animal kingdom using only his voice and a few props. The students responded with laughter and cheers as they participated in the stories. Thank you, Mr. Bowen for always presenting lively tales.
The Kennett Run has been a community tradition for 30 years. This year, the race was even more spectacular for life-long Kennett community member and Mary D. Lang Kindergarten Center teacher, Mrs. Lisa Murphy, who won gold in her age group. Congratulations, Mrs. Murphy!
*Video provided by Chester County Technical College High School
Parents of rising kindergartners (those attaining age 5 by September 30, 2019) are invited to Mary D. Lang Kindergarten Center’s Kindergarten Kick-off. This information session and building tour will be held at the Kindergarten Center on Thursday, March 14, 2019, for parents whose last name begins with A – M and on Thursday, March 21, 2019, for parents whose last name begins with N – Z. Both sessions will begin at 6:30 p.m.
Families gathered in the library of the Mary D. Lang Kindergarten Center to enjoy a movie with their family, friends, and neighbors. The students enjoyed coming to school in their pajamas with sleeping bags, stuffed animals, blankets, and pillows ready to enjoy the movie in comfort.
What an INCREDIBLE night to remember!
Kindness Week- Throughout the country and across the globe, schools celebrated, “Kindness Week.” January 28-February 1st marked this momentous week of activities, assemblies, discussions, and random acts of kindness.
At MDLKC, Mrs. Phillips has helped students create kindness chains that will be displayed in the cafeteria. She taught students a song about kindness at our kindness assembly, and each day Mrs. Reynolds read certificates of students and staff “filling each other’s buckets” on the announcements. Filling someone else’s bucket means that you have done something to make that person feel happy, loved, appreciated, etc. At MDLKC, students are encouraged to fill buckets every day.
All students watched a video about kindness starring MDLKC at our Kindness Assembly.
In an effort to continuously improve upon a safe & secure environment for our students and staff, the District, in collaboration with local law enforcement, identified priorities related to building security which included the revised visitor procedures listed below. These procedures will be implemented at all buildings beginning Friday, February 1st.
Thank you and we truly appreciate your support and cooperation moving forward.
Building Entrance Procedures
- All visitors must have an appointment.
- Please call the main office to schedule an appointment prior to arriving at the building.
- All visitors will be welcomed with a standardized script, and will need to provide their name and purpose of their visit.
- All visitors shall enter through the main entrance of the school and report immediately to the main office.
- If leaving an item for a student or staff member, please notify the main office and place the item(s) in the collection box located outside the main entrance to be collected in a timely manner.
Visitor Identification Procedures
- All visitors must present photo identification. The photo ID will be secured in the main office and will be returned upon sign out.
- Authorized visitors will be given a red KCSD Visitor lanyard and badge which must be worn at all times while in the building.
*A visitor is considered any person not employed by the KCSD.
Es un esfuerzo continuo por mejorar un entorno seguro para nuestros estudiantes y personal, el distrito escolar en colaboración con las autoridades locales, identificó las prioridades relacionadas con la seguridad del edificio que incluyen los procedimientos revisados para visitantes que se mencionan a continuación.Estos procedimientos se implementarán en todos los edificios, a partir del viernes 1° de febrero.
Agradecemos enormemente su apoyo y cooperación para avanzar.
Procedimientos de entrada al edificio escolar
- Todos los visitantes deben tener una cita.
- Llame a la oficina principal para programar una cita antes de llegar al edificio.
- Todos los visitantes serán recibidos con un guión estandarizado, solicitando su nombre y el propósito de la visita.
- Todos los visitantes deberán ingresar por la entrada principal de la escuela e informar inmediatamente a la oficina principal.
- Si va a dejar un artículo para el estudiante o miembro del personal, notifique a la oficina principal y coloque los artículos en la caja de recolección ubicada, afuera de la entrada principal, para que se recojan de manera oportuna.
Procedimientos de identificación para visitantes
- Todos los visitantes deben presentar una identificación con foto, para inspección en la oficina principal. La identificación se asegurará en la oficina principal y se devolverá al momento de cerrar la sesión y regresar el cordón de visitante.
- A todos los visitantes autorizados se les entregará un cordón rojo y una insignia de visitante de KCSD que se deben usar en todo momento mientras se encuentre en el edificio escolar.
*Cualquier visitante es considerado persona no empleada por el KCSD.